Social Media

How to unsuccessfully open a coconut

Thursday, February 27, 2014




This morning I unsuccessfully cracked open my first coconut.
I put it in a bag an I used a hammer after I had drilled holes into the eyes of the coconut which is the most popular way of doing it over the internet.

I think in my humble opinion this is also one of the surest ways of destroying the coconut. Half of it shattered even though I only applied pressure around its equator and the milk was not salvageable. 
I still enjoyed all of it and I didn't mind the small pieces but I wish I could have a machete at this point to crack this open right in the middle!




Regardless I used as much of the milk I could salvage in my coffee and ate some of it while the rest I plan on grating and roasting in the oven. Glorious roasted coconut shavings are going to be served on the afternoon with hot chocolate and whipped cream!




Do you know of a better way of opening a coconut? Or maybe I should just keep up with hammering it until I find the way to crack it open in half instead of shattering it!


Follow me on Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Bloglovin | Feedly

▲

© 2013-2014 ONLYDECOLOVE.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


Photographs taken by Katerina Dima unless otherwise stated.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr
 

Only Deco Love© Theme by Blog Milk