Hello from Greece!
Even though I miss my home in Norway I realized how much I had missed Greece only a few hours ago when I went for a walk/run and the warm breeze made feel like I was in a tropical location.
While this might sound amazing what wasn't amazing was stepping into my old bedroom only to find it in a state. It seems that over the last few months my bedroom was turned into an extra storage room and I am now left trying to clean up the mess so I can at least sleep and live in for the next couple of weeks.
Oh the joy.
The first thing I did was halfway empty the shelf above my bed so I can utilize its space again. (Unfortunately the rest of the room will be very difficult to empty so I will have to live in a small space within that I will create for myself.) The shelf is really great for dropping on what you use frequently.My phone,ipad a cup of tea or water will always be on there when not in use. I am so used of having such a space above my head that I will be recreating it in some way for my bedroom at home.
Our bed doesn't have a headboard and while I love some ideas for headboards I think I will prefer creating a solution that will incorporate both of my ideas. A shelf that will also work as a headboard! While I was happily pinning one day ( I have quite a selection of bedrooms in my HOME▲BEDROOM board to serve as inspiration) I actually run into the exact design I had in my head in one of Anu's from Decor Dots pins. As you see in the photo below the trick will be to create a sturdy enough extension of the wall to serve as a shelf and a headboard at once. Expect to see this soon in my newly renovated norwegian bedroom!
Hope you have a great week!
▲
© 2013-2014 ONLYDECOLOVE.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Photographs taken by Katerina Dima unless otherwise stated.

